Learn more about the Yanzi offering
End-to-End, Horizontal and All IP Software IoT Platform
Yanzi delivers an end-to-end, horizontal and all-IP software IoT platform. We offer sensors, gateways and a cloud server system packaged into a Software as a Service solution for Smart Home and Smart Office applications. The horizontal and all-IP approach provides a solution that is easy, smart and evolutionary.
With Yanzi, anything from low-cost battery-powered temperature sensors to high-performance surveillance cameras can be connected to the Internet in a secure and cost efficient way. This is done either directly or via a gateway.
Leading service providers build amazing applications based on the Yanzi software platform which is accessible via the Yanzi Open API.
There are Billions of Things
The Internet-of-Things aims to connect millions of users and places to billions of things.
The Internet-of-Things aims to connect millions of users and places to billions of things. The Yanzi Cloud Software Platform operates on cloud servers and gateways; it collects data, manages devices, and provides processed information to users in real time.
It scales to hundreds of millions of users and/or gateways by being distributed over many cloud servers simultaneously.
The Gateway, an extension of the Cloud
Yanzi gateways may cost as little as a few dollars to connect a few things in a small installation. It may also connect tens of thousands of things using a high-performance gateway. The Yanzi gateway software implements the Yanzi cloud platform but also provides many gateway-specific functions, such as:
- Aggregation of data from things allows for sharing of expensive WAN link resources and common storage modules
- Adaptation between wide area network (WAN) and local area network (LAN) link technologies
- Encrypted communication channel with the cloud to allow instant remote access and real-time notifications
- Autonomous operation if WAN link is unavailable
- High performance local API for data, such as video, without sending it over the WAN link
- Data synchronization with the cloud of sensor data, device configuration, backups, and authentication information
- Discovery and enabling of new things locally
Things Should Be Simple, Reliable, and Secure
All Yanzi things provide
- Automatic discovery (UPnP), installation, and configuration through “Zero-Touch configuration”
- Authentication by user and automatic security setup, ECC and AES-128, through Zero-Touch configuration
- Maintains an encrypted communication channel with the cloud to allow instant remote access and real-time notifications.
- Mesh networking to increase reliability
- A robust and standard networking layer to increase reliability
- Long operating life of individual things
Many things will also benefit from
- Wireless operation with automatic configuration of radio parameters.
- Low power consumption, 10+ years of battery life
- Low cost
- Extended functionality by remotely upgrading the firmware from the cloud; dual firmware images with checksum verification for reliable upgrades
The Yanzi Cloud Platform provides efficient APIs to users’ devices, such as phone, tablet, and computer, to interact with and monitor Things.
The phone is the primary device for most consumers and many professionals. They are used for installation, configuration, monitoring, and operating Things in real-time.
Phones are also natural devices for notifications and user positioning, which is essential to many Internet-of-Things services.
The Yanzi API provides:
- E-mail, SMS, and push notifications to end user's devices.
- Tight coupling of Things, cloud, and devices allowing for a richer user experience.
- Automatic redirect to access local resources.
- SSDP/UPnP and mDNS for discovery
- IPv6 and IPv4 support
- IPv6 mesh networking
- IPv6 routing based on IETF RPL
- IEEE 802.11 at 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- IEEE 802.15.4 at 2.4GHz standard, 868/915MHz optional
- IEEE 802.3 10/100/1000BASE-T
- Low cost ARM to high performance x86 platforms
- All object-oriented JAVA / OSGI design
- Automatic firewall traversal
- Elliptic Curve Cryptography, ECC
- HTTPS / SSL